The Ohio/Penn Dx PacketCluster
DX Bulletin No. 1112.2
May 17, 2013
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)
Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet Clusters Network, and W2VU for the following DX information.
CQ NEWS (Press Release - 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees). CQ magazine today announced its 2013 Hall of Fame inductees, adding two members each to the CQ DX and Contest Halls of Fame along with eight new members of the CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame.
The CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame honors those individuals, whether licensed hams or not, who have made significant contributions to amateur radio; and those amateurs who have made significant contributions either to amateur radio, to their professional careers or to some other aspect of life on our planet.
The 2013 inductees (listed alphabetically) are:CQ DX and Contest and DX Halls of Fame
* Evelyn Garrison, WS7A (SK) - amateur radio industry leader
* Joel Kleinman, N1BKE (SK) - former Managing Editor of QST magazine
* Laurie Margolis, G3UML/GPC3L - Longtime BBC correspondent and contributor to amateur radio magazines
* Michael Owen, VK3KI (SK) - Longtime president of the Wireless Institute of Australia and chairman of IARU Region 3
* Harry Rubinstein (ex-9EEV) (SK) - Inventor of the printed circuit, the slider potentiometer and the combination potentiometer/on-off switch
* Walker Tompkins, K6ATX - Journalist, author and historian, his three dozen books included several well-known ham radio-related novels
* Joe Walsh, WB6ACU - Rock music performer and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee
* William G. (Bill) Welsh, W6DDB (SK) - CQ Novice Editor for 20 years; responsible for helping thousands to get their ham licenses
The CQ DX and Contest Halls of Fame honor those amateurs who not only excel in personal performance in these major areas of amateur radio but who also "give back" to the hobby in outstanding ways.
The 2013 inductees to the CQ DX Hall of Fame are:Formal inductions to the CQ Contest and DX Halls of Fame were scheduled for the Dayton Hamvention.® More detailed descriptions of inductees will appear in the official announcement in the July 2013 issue of CQ magazine.
* Vladimir Bykov, UA4WHX/AC4LN, has visited and operated from over 100 DX entities in the past ten years and operated from all six continents in 2012 alone. Has provided over 700,000 DX contacts for hams around the world (and QSLed them all).
* Robert "Gary" Dixon, K4MQG, is a founding member of the Carolina DX Association and as Founding President of INDEXA, the International DX Association, which has helped support over 200 DXpeditions in the past 30 years.
The 2013 inductees to the CQ Contest Hall of Fame are:
* Dale Green, VE7SV, is a world-class contester who has been hosting teams of new and experienced contesters at his superstation for the past 20 years, and recently helped start a contest group in Chile.
* Charles "Chas" Fulp, K3WW, also a multi-award winning contester and past president of the Frankford Radio Club (FRC), which saysChas "is our role model and sets the standard for other FRC members to strive to achieve."
CQ Communications, Inc. / 25 Newbridge Rd. / Hicksville, NY 11801 USA / 516-681-2922
The world's largest independent publisher of amateur radio magazines, books and videos.
CQ Amateur Radio, CQ VHF, Popular Communications and WorldRadio Online.
PLEASE NOTICE (as of February 12, 2007), NEW ADDRESS CHANGES FOR THE OPDX INTERNET HELP/SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST:
Help: email@example.com Subject:help
Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject:subscribe
Unsubscribe: email@example.com Subject:unsubscribe
OPDX WORLD-WIDE WEB HOME (provided by John, K8YSE (firstname.lastname@example.org):
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB HOME PAGE: